Roblox Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roblox Central

Discussion for all things Roblox. (roblox.com)

Welcome to the new forum! Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated.
WARNING: Before referring anyone to this website, Please read this topic

5 posters

Roblox Cares about BC?

Gileas
    Gileas
    A Regular
    A Regular

Roblox Cares about BC? Empty Roblox Cares about BC?

Post by Gileas Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:05 pm

ROBLOX Wants BC Members to be Happy

Because there was this confusion in the community, and we want our valued users to feel good about playing ROBLOX, we are going to be restoring the extra place slots to ex-BC members. This change will be effective within the next 48 hours.

Now that everyone knows our intent, we will be updating our literature to be more clear. At some point in the future, we will probably choose to expire place slots when a user’s BC expires.

We have a couple of principles we use to decide how to structure our premium features.

Statement of Principles:

1. ROBLOX users should never lose data.

If you create a place on ROBLOX, you will always be able to access it, regardless of whether you are in BC or not.

2. BC Members are entitled to premium features.

Builders Club members support our entire enterprise. They pay for the game that everyone else gets to enjoy for free (and ROBLOX does give away a lot of our game for free). In return, they deserve premium features.

3. Ex-BC Members are and should be treated the same as free-playing non-BC users.

In fairness to existing Builders Club members, ex-BC members should be exactly equal to non-BC members in all respects across the site. There should be no premium feature carry-over. In this specific case, extra place slots are a premium feature. Once your BC expires, so should your extra place slots.

These principles will guide our design choices going forward.

- Telamon
    ====================
    Marked in bold are non true or unfair, or just plain stupid
    Meelo
    Meelo
    Admin

Roblox Cares about BC? Empty Re: Roblox Cares about BC?

Post by Meelo Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:56 pm

Ex-BC members payed. Non-BC members didn't. Telamon ALSO missed the fact that, back in the day, when I bought BC, it said that you got to keep the 10 places... not place slots...

i.e. The only justification Telamon has it that it was a mass punishment. I've played other, better games that once you payed once, you have to pay to play, but they treat all their users well.
    Gileas
    Gileas
    A Regular
    A Regular

Post by Gileas Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:56 pm

Gileas
    Gileas
    A Regular
    A Regular

Post by Gileas Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:07 pm

OH [Censored] I'm getting Flame. I actually got Tela-pwned!
    Jfeather
    Admin

Post by Jfeather Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:15 pm

Oh dang, now I can't stop complaining noobs on the forums by saying "$5 gets you 10 places for life?"

That's a dang shame. I understand that there is very few letters between "Places" and "Place slots" and Telamon did a very good job in changing that around in his favor. A "Status Quo" was set up, very long ago, that even if you did once pay for BC, and cancelled for whatever reason you got to keep your 10 slots as a "thank you" gift, in my opinion. Now, that gift is gone.

If my 10 places turn into 1 place, I will leave. I technically have already left roblox, but whatever.

(For anyone who actually took that seriously: I am actually leaving Roblox, but I'll still post here and be a part of the community. I just don't have time to build any more).
    Gileas
    Gileas
    A Regular
    A Regular

Post by Gileas Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:18 pm

Its just sad. Now I'm in a middle of a flame war. D:
    Earth
    Earth
    Admin

Post by Earth Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:35 pm

I'm using it to make game I want to make.

I have completed my achievements list.
    Meelo
    Meelo
    Admin

Post by Meelo Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:07 pm

Actually, the old BC page said you get to keep the 10 PLACES...

Soon, the message will look like:

My dad always said, “Sonny, when a man brandishing a stick of dynamite has something to say, it’s a good idea to listen…”

There has been a lot of commotion in the player community about our recent decision to limit access to the premium place slots of BC accounts.

After studying the issue, we have decided that the source of this discontent is that there was an apparent understanding in the community that when you don't buy TBC, you get to keep your extra place slots. This is understandable because up until now this has been the case, just because we never got around to removing the slots from BC members.

There is confusing language in our literature that reinforces this belief:

“When you buy Builder's Club, you will not lose your account, but you will lose your Builders Club membership status and all of its benefits, including your daily ROBUX stipend and the Builders Club badge. You will keep all existing places that you have created and all shirts, pants, and other assets that you have made.”

Having multiple place slots is a premium feature, just like the TBC stipend, and the ability to sell items to other users. Place slots are different than places. Turbo Builders Club members whose membership expires do get to keep their places. We have saved copies of all your places and BC members can download them to their computers at any time. Your places are safe.

ROBLOX Wants TBC Members to be Happy

Because there was this confusion in the community, and we want our valued users to feel good about playing ROBLOX, we are going to be restoring the extra place slots to BC members. This change will be effective within the next 48 hours.

Now that everyone knows our intent, we will be updating our literature to be more clear. At some point in the future, we will probably choose to expire place slots when a user’s TBC expires.

We have a couple of principles we use to decide how to structure our premium features.

Statement of Principles:

1. ROBLOX users should never lose data.

If you create a place on ROBLOX, you will always be able to access it, regardless of whether you are in TBC or not.

2. TBC Members are entitled to premium features.

Turbo Builders Club members support our entire enterprise. They pay for the game that everyone else gets to enjoy for free (and ROBLOX doesn't give away a lot of our game for free). In return, they deserve premium features.

3. BC Members are and should be treated the same as free-playing non-BC users.

In fairness to existing Turbo Builders Club members, BC members should be exactly equal to non-BC members in all respects across the site. There should be no premium feature carry-over. In this specific case, extra place slots are a premium feature. Once your TBC expires, so should your extra place slots.

These principles will guide our design choices going forward.
    Gileas
    Gileas
    A Regular
    A Regular

Post by Gileas Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:46 am

Look at this retard... ._.

PM:

your just a nerd. u act like im trying to write a story for class for an essay or something. nobody writes grammer on an online game unless thier abnormally nerdy. your like the only person who does not use 1337 on an online game. your got no friends cuz u fail at life.

------------------------------
    On 9/25/2009 at 7:46 PM XxRobotBoyxX wrote:

I get straight A Pluses. You fail at grammar also, plus you forgot to capitalize. Who's the idiot now, and I'm not out to get them, you just fail at defending them. For your information, I DID have BC. On my other main account. Don't assume things, and your just being conceited.

On 9/24/2009 at 11:38 PM vipersnake wrote:

first of all i get straight A's what do u get? a c minus at the most. and you did not have to bring up the bc place slots thing. your just out to get all bc and tbc members cuz you don't have it. go play club penguin or wizards 101.

On 9/24/2009 at 4:38 PM XxRobotBoyxX wrote:

Your an idiot. The point of that thread was for more scripting updates. And I already figured out that they have lots of money left over, even with them paying bills. [Gets suspicious of Telamon watching over this PM. ]

On 9/24/2009 at 2:43 PM vipersnake wrote:

But dude. roblox was fine before. now you just want ex bc and tbc members to suffer cuz you don't have bc. and hats are not updates. the only time something is an update is when they close down the site for maitnence. and if uploading hats was an update than uploading everything would be an update. and roblox has so much money left over because they need spending money too. thats like you cleaning up the streets and then they used your pay to buy more garbage trucks. and they would go out of buisness because lack of money! Witch would be caused by so many people quitting. so i was right. and if you don't wanna pay for your bc and still complain about all the updates being towards bc/tbc members then go play club penguin or something.

On 9/24/2009 at 4:23 AM XxRobotBoyxX wrote:

[Facepalm] You know, back in the old days, they actually provided updates for the free users. Now its just hats. You think I don't know that? You think I don't know that you guys fund Roblox? Well, thousands of users have TBC/BC. You know how much money they have which they DON'T USE. They could use it to provide server updates (( Less lag )), more scripting updates ((Better games, made by better players)), and maybe even a graphic update. Roblox can make a major update to Roblox. I'm not being selfish. Most of the users ON Roblox and Ex-users agree. xLEGOx needs scripting updates, Are92 left because... well no one actually DID anything for his work. And other things. ._.
    Look below and read over your PM. My messages are with --
    On 9/24/2009 at 2:29 AM vipersnake wrote:

Ok robot listen to me carefully. us bc/tbc members pay for this site. we pay for the updates. we deserve something in return.
    --Back in the olden days, the updates weren't just targeted towards BC and TBC users.
    all you non bc/tbc noobs just use the site and depend on us! if we were to quit roblox might not be able to update. and less updates means that this site will be boring after a while. and it will get boring and boring and boring just untill everybody quits and roblox goes out of buieness!
    --Wrong reason. They would run out of business because of lack of money
    and then roblox will get tons of call from angry parents who payed for bc.
    -- I could pay for it MYSELF. But I choose not too. Is it that hard to believe? Is it? I choose not too because its a waste to pay money for features. I mean what if you QUIT?
    now your just ruining it for ex bc/tbc members. why should we lose our features juse because you mad cuz u can't afford bc or tbc? huh? just message me that! And whos to blame for it? YOU! so just calm down and be grateful insted of being a greedy noob!
    -- Grateful? I've been grateful for THREE YEARS. I only got mad because many many of the updates are BUGGED and/or outdated. And btw, scripters will leave, if this keeps up, you won't even have good games to play then. They all will eventually break, leaving you with boring ones. So THINK before you reply.
    Cancel Delete Reply
    Meelo
    Meelo
    Admin

Post by Meelo Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:41 pm

When I get PMs like that they get 1 response from me, and if they try any stupid things like redundancy or dodging my points, I don't respond. His points are all invalid, redundant, and do not even offer any defense to your points.
    Gileas
    Gileas
    A Regular
    A Regular

Post by Gileas Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:24 pm

Ill ignore... Or ill try. xD
    Earth
    Earth
    Admin

Post by Earth Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:58 am

Pathetic. I use grammar because its a pain to explain 1337 to people, and its a pain to write.

saying "u shd nt go 2 ths plc" May be easier to type, but it is a pain to read, so you are basically saying: "Screw you reader."
    Meelo
    Meelo
    Admin

Post by Meelo Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:49 am

Scroo u r3-der
    Gileas
    Gileas
    A Regular
    A Regular

Post by Gileas Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:34 pm

Lol no. I can't really read l33t speek that well. :3
    Earth
    Earth
    Admin

Post by Earth Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:08 am

I can. Can't I meelo?
    iMathRandom
    iMathRandom
    Mod

Post by iMathRandom Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:11 am

I used to not use grammar, 1337 text I have to read slowly.
    Earth
    Earth
    Admin

Post by Earth Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:37 pm

You CAN'T read 1337.
    Meelo
    Meelo
    Admin

Post by Meelo Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:20 pm

afjlmndsafjlag ldsf sf dgadgflgagfjlafdjklgsadfsdf jkbndsafjln safd

Translation into non-1337:

Speaking in '1337' is dgadgflgagfjlafdjklgsadfsdf awesome. safd.
    Earth
    Earth
    Admin

Post by Earth Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:51 pm

Nice language skills.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:38 am