Roblox Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roblox Central

Discussion for all things Roblox. (roblox.com)

Welcome to the new forum! Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated.
WARNING: Before referring anyone to this website, Please read this topic

5 posters

Another rant...

Jfeather
    Admin

Another rant... Empty Another rant...

Post by Jfeather Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:02 am

Author’s note: whenever I refer to “Roblox”, I am referring to the GAME, not the PLAYER.
    Second note: this is a 760+ word rant. If you come wondering in here just to post “tl;dr”, you’d be better off leaving before you even push that “post reply” button. In other words, TL;DRers: GET OUT.
    Third note: I will be posting this on the Roblox forums soon.

Oh, boy.. where do I start. Roblox has just been going downhill since the great lag update of '08 (lol). Roblox has come so far from when it first started, with shirts, pants, advertisements, badges, and so many other features! Unfortunately, shirts and pants are the only things I don't see flaws with.

First off, advertisements. I saw 1 advertisement today that advertised a place. Just one. Know why? The rest were comic strips, lolcats, Shoop da Woop copies, and other internet memes. I thought that with all these useless ads, that my ad for Control Battle (which earth100 made with his epic paint.net skills) would run GREAT, because it actually showed what you were going to when you clicked on it. Anyway, I spent 2000 tickets for one day of running it. I got THOUSANDS of impressions. I got 160 clicks. I got 87 visits that day. Anything wrong with that picture?

Next, the forums... I remember back when I first used the forums, they had a sticky in general discussion that basically said "yes, we know the forums stink, but we're working on getting new ones." Well, where are they? We still have the crazy, filter spazzed, forums that we've always had. People keep suggesting for edit and quote tools, which would be wonderful, but we never get them.. why?

Simply because the admins are too busy making hats and other features that will just be for "BC members only". Which brings me to my next point. The suggestions forums are completely ignored. I haven't seen a single forum moderator or game developer post there, and as far as I know, not a single game update has come from there. It’s as if they put them there so users can post their ideas there without bugging the devs, or something. That's just sad! All of these robloxians, the people YOU, Roblox, depend on for your money, have great ideas to improve roblox, but you don't listen!! 99% of the members of the forum community actually HATE the fact that all roblox is doing is making hats (3 came out today) and coming out with the occasional useless update.

Next: the badges. This is crazy. I am amazed at what Roblox did here. They created a scripting feature for Builders Club members ONLY. This is a sign of things to come, such as total features that will be only for people who pay for this “Free” game. For all I know, scripting will turn into a BC only feature!

Next, Places. Wow. Every single day that I look at the games page, all I see is “FREE BADGES” and “15 BADGES HERE”. All you did roblox, is give anyone who has BC the instant right to become very, very rich off of basically anything they can throw together in 10 minutes. What about us people who still support your game by providing suggestions, and helping point out bugs? Nothing. So, obstacle courses, tycoons, and other crazily overused items stay on the games page, while total gems which deserve attention get left in the dusty cellar. Sad, roblox. Just sad.

Finally, the last point I have. Security and the communities view on “HAXXING”. (translation: Hacking). First off, half of roblox’s community seems to think hacking is something that happens all the time, and wants to “BAN THEM NAO, LOLZ”. All hacking is, is exploiting… and half of roblox doesn’t realize it doesn’t affect anything if you just go to another server. But, that aside, I still have a question. Why does roblox see and willingly know that SFOTH4 is being exploited, yet just let it be? With all the badges there, there are at least a good 50+ people playing that game 24/7. Yet they are there to fully witness the exploiting, and think that it’s just a normal part of roblox. It shouldn’t be! Why can’t you guys figure out a way to secure the servers so people don’t have to worry about it anymore? The exploiting isn’t helping anything, that’s for sure.

Roblox’s community, game play, and state of mind have really fallen into the dumps compared to the awesome place it was back in ’08. It’s pretty depressing if you ask me, and because school is starting soon, I’ll be having homework to do, so I can’t be here every day. Question is, will I want to come back to Roblox when I do have the free time? Or will I find better things do to? Roblox, why don’t you tell me?

Things I wanted to cover, but didn’t:
    Trading ratio
    Roblox Central Bank
    BC/TBC
    “It’s just 5 bucks a month, why can’t you afford it”? (I hate people who say that)
    Jfeather
    Admin

Another rant... Empty Re: Another rant...

Post by Jfeather Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:10 am

Another note: I tried to post this to the Roblox forums, but the post got the "Your post is pending approval" message. Imagine that.
    Earth
    Earth
    Admin

Post by Earth Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:00 pm

Jfeather that means you had a filtered word in it like mail or.... Exploit.

Anyway...

The badges thing will die down, and you've got that bit wrong

It just came out so people really love it, and make tons of badges. Later there will be more reasonable ones..

Also. They don't get rich they get STUPID

Like this 32 badge one.

That cost him 3200 robux to make... about $25

Is that really getting rich?
    Gileas
    Gileas
    A Regular
    A Regular

Post by Gileas Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:10 pm

This is most of the reason why I quit Roblox... Its crazy how they ignore everything. At least at Grand Chase they actually DO something about it. Man they even implement ideas. Roblox... complete opposite. Are you that much of a sick community that you need money? Like I said before "Their swimming in money and yet they don't want to spend a penny of it." Thats sad.
    Earth
    Earth
    Admin

Post by Earth Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:42 pm

Interesting thread.

Pay attention to XLegoX's responses.

http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=13016028
    Jfeather
    Admin

Post by Jfeather Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:48 pm

Earth wrote:Interesting thread.

Pay attention to XLegoX's responses.

http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=13016028

Wow, interesting. He seems like the only mod who actually gives a dang about the community anymore.
    Earth
    Earth
    Admin

Post by Earth Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:50 am

Yea He's probably the best mod.
    Meelo
    Meelo
    Admin

Post by Meelo Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:06 pm

Jfeather wrote:First off, advertisements. I saw 1 advertisement today that advertised a place. Just one. Know why? The rest were comic strips, lolcats, Shoop da Woop copies, and other internet memes. I thought that with all these useless ads, that my ad for Control Battle (which earth100 made with his epic paint.net skills) would run GREAT, because it actually showed what you were going to when you clicked on it. Anyway, I spent 2000 tickets for one day of running it. I got THOUSANDS of impressions. I got 160 clicks. I got 87 visits that day. Anything wrong with that picture?
    I've managed 2% CTR rates recently, but advertisements are WAY overused.

Jfeather wrote:Next, the forums... I remember back when I first used the forums, they had a sticky in general discussion that basically said "yes, we know the forums stink, but we're working on getting new ones." Well, where are they? We still have the crazy, filter spazzed, forums that we've always had. People keep suggesting for edit and quote tools, which would be wonderful, but we never get them.. why?
    I'm opposed to edits - that's just inviting trolls into an already immature society, amendments to posts is OK though...

I was trying to post "sextillion", as in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, and it got blocked.

Jfeather wrote:Next: the badges. This is crazy. I am amazed at what Roblox did here. They created a scripting feature for Builders Club members ONLY. This is a sign of things to come, such as total features that will be only for people who pay for this “Free” game. For all I know, scripting will turn into a BC only feature!
    Yeah this infuriates me. I'm going to take one last stab at coercing Telamon, but I can only really succeed if I get support from at least 100 or so people - and hopefully more.

I'll post more on that once I get everything setup...
    Earth
    Earth
    Admin

Post by Earth Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:56 pm

Ahhhh but someone pointed out that you signed up to play free games Razz Not make free games ;D
    Jfeather
    Admin

Post by Jfeather Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:46 am

Meelo wrote:[Insert long post here]

Lol, well, I'm assuming you couldn't post that number simply because of the first 3 letters. Oh well, the stupid filter will probably never get better anyway. Only if we could get all the forumers to go here, instead... >Very Happy
    Meelo
    Meelo
    Admin

Post by Meelo Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:05 pm

Yeah, probably.

"Sextillion" sounds like a dirty word though. Much worse than "Quintillion" and "Septillion"
    Earth
    Earth
    Admin

Post by Earth Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:47 pm

Well you could type it like SEXtillion

Which is a bad way of bypasssing the filter Razz
    Meelo2
    New
    New

Post by Meelo2 Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:59 pm

Thankfully, we don't have (any?) filters here. I can say:

#$!% all of you $%#%@%#$ for the $@%! you ^$#% people always $@@^.
    (I enjoy all of you people for the work you smart people always do.)
    Earth
    Earth
    Admin

Post by Earth Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:19 pm

I think we have a minor filter...
    Meelo
    Meelo
    Admin

Post by Meelo Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:40 pm

We do? Well $%#@% it!

(Well keep it!)
    Earth
    Earth
    Admin

Post by Earth Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:29 pm

Actually we didn't.

I added the three basic swear words I hear the most Razz
    Jfeather
    Admin

Post by Jfeather Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:16 pm

Earth wrote:Actually we didn't.

I added the three basic swear words I hear the most Razz

Yeah, we just have a list of words that are blocked. Now we have 3 instead of 0 Razz
    Meelo
    Meelo
    Admin

Post by Meelo Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:03 pm

Let's get rid of ".com" "www." "http" and "site" while we're at it.
    Jfeather
    Admin

Post by Jfeather Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:45 am

Meelo wrote:Let's get rid of ".com" "www." "http" and "site" while we're at it.

Lol. Along with "hack" "Password", "Roblox", "Telamon", and "Builderman".
    Earth
    Earth
    Admin

Post by Earth Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:59 am

lol that we could

Also do the double brackets. It makes it easier to tell the filter's been there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:54 am